personal

Friday, April 2, 2010

I thought I heard a rumble

1966
It was raining ...rain .....rain....there hardly a clean creek in the Valley.....Lew and I were out fishing again......We went fishing every Saturday.....somewhere.....but this weekend was a bust...the rivers and creeks were swollen and dirty....it was raining ...did I say that.........ok...rain ....what....let's go and see if there is any clean water at Waleach...(a small hydro station where the water is piped out of Jones Lake a few miles down the mountain into the Fraser River creating hydro electric power) it is located a few miles towards Hope from the Trans Canada Waterslides. The used water gushes out of a large pipe then runs as a short creek into the Fraser River...That will take any amount of water without getting dirty......Ok..that sounds good.....We drive there and of course it is windy and raining but there is some clean water that is not flooded. We park right at the outlet and we commence trout fishing....it is noisy from the rain rattling on our waterproof hoods and I am intently watching my bobber anticipating just one bite for the day....After a bit, I glance over at Lew, he is about 15 feet away and looking up the mountain, the rain is biting in his face....What are you doin..... he turns to me..I dunno ...I thought I heard something...huh...hmm....I am back at it, I make another short cast .......the drift is only six feet wide......jees.... just a bite, this day is just about over..c'mon.....Lew is looking back again, his face is scrunched up from facing the downpour...Hey what's up....I dunno..hmm...I dunno...but by then I suggest ....hey Lew...this is stoopid !...Ok, lets go he says....Oh yeah.....That's when you appreciate dry things and coffee...and food....and roofs.So we throw out rods and rain gear in the van and head home ....another good fishing, bad catching day behind us....another day of experience ...we learned that standing in pouring rain on the last miserable piece of water in the valley, trying to catch at least one trout for the day is really quite .......oh well, we really liked fishing.So we drive straight to my place........ahhh.....anticipating the cozy warmth.....My wife is at the door right away ....she is distressed.....we are perplexed.... "I have been so worried" ..and she sure was...she was trembling...Hey... what's the matter....."there was a slide, I heard it on the radio."..a slide...what's that got to do with us....where was it....up the road...towards Hope...."the mountain slid in"...huh...Lew and I look at each other....but ...what...."You did not even know where we were"...how did....I know but ..I don't know...Jeez Lew...Jeez Gus....that is exactly where we were...that's what you heard...the mountain rumbling ...I know.....Gawd.....you were looking......I wonder where it was exactly.....Well .........we found out exactly....where we were is exactly ...right across and out into the river.....that happened in about 5 seconds.......minutes after we left......but we were on the way home ......and Lew and I are very happy to say we were not there to see that..This story is true...and I have the bobber I was using that day to prove it.. naw...that's a joke....but yes ...even to my wife being so psychic about it. She had no idea that we were going there ...we could have been anywhere.
Company Logo design

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home